You don’t need to enter text on every row.
- When you enter more than one keyword, you can choose how the keywords should be connected (All words, Exact phrase, One or more of the words).
- If you want to exclude words, click 'Add field' and enter the unwanted keyword(s) into the new field with selection 'Excluded keywords'.
- Keywords: searches all fields related to the title (author, title, topic, etc.).
- Title: searches for words that are anywhere in the title of the publication.
- Subject: use words in either YSO or POLAS glossary.
- The asterisk * replaces several characters, the ? character only replaces one.
- You can use * and ? at the beginning, end, or middle of a word.
- You can enter more than one keyword; in this case, select an operator to control how the words relate together.
Restricting the search
- Selecting more than one item: Ctrl + mouse click.
- Clearing an invalid selection: Ctrl + mouse click.
- If you do not select any definitions, all materials will be searched.
Select media type
Here you can narrow down the search results in the following way. When searching:
- printed dissertations of the Police University College, select: Dissertation
- e-books, select: Electronic material
- printed books, select: Book.